Volcano Sunrise Trek
Bali’s biggest attraction is by far the Mount Batursunrise trek with a 360-degree view of the surrounding islands. The crater and a spectacular sunrise is an epic start to your morning. It exceeds all expectations and leaves you breathless.
The usual pick up time is
Ubud area: 2.00am /Kuta, Seminyak, Sanur area: 1.30am / Nusa Dua area: 1.00am
The cost is AUD 65 / IDR 650,000 for an adult &
It is not recommended for children
10% of our profit goes to our local school
What is included:
The price includes a pick-up and drop off to your hotel, an English speaking guide and a simple breakfast. You will have an opportunity to taste organic eggs made with the steam from the fissures in the volcano.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothingleggings or shorts, something you would typically wear to work out
- Hiking shoes are highly recommended: rocks and gravel are loose and you can slip easily
- Light rain jacket (we try to avoid plastic ponchos as they are often made of polyethylene which is estimated to take hundreds of years to degrade)
- Water bottle filled with water (to avoid plastic waste) and some snacks
- Camera for magical sunrise photos
- Purchase a small headlamp: You will be given a flashlight but a headlamp will make your trek easier
- Note: It is not an easy stroll unless you are fit but it’s a 2-hour hike, not a marathon!
Watch the sunrise from the summit
Circle around the crater
Come and explore with a local guide who is passionate about his culture
Solo travellers are welcome
Mount Batur is situated in the Bangli region on the island of Bali, Indonesia. For many years tourists have been hiking up Mount Batur (a volcano in Bali) to watch the sunrise over nearby volcanoes Mount Agung and Mount Agang, and it’s not difficult to understand why!Mount Batur is a Bali landmark like no other – at 1717 meters, it is the 2nd highest point of Bali. The ironing ToyaBungkah villageis well known for the volcanic hot springs, here you will startascend up the volcano under the stars in the cool morning air.